[sugar] Trying to build sugar on ubuntu dapper

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Thu Mar 8 18:48:15 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 12:59 -0500, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
>
> >> I spent about an hour on getting sugar built in a Dapper pbuilder today.
> >> I successfully got through 25 of 27 modules built for build-base before
> >> I hit a mysterious mozilla linking error with pango and cairo. The cause
> >> appears to be a strange configuration or environment variable setup by
> >> jhbuild, causing the build to attempt to link with the distro's
> >> pango/cairo instead of those jhbuild built. Making the xulrunner module
> >> manually succeeds when outside of jhbuild and its shell, so it might be
> >> something as braindead as a library path ordering problem. The
> >> succeeding and failing invocations, outside and inside of jhbuild
> >> respectively, are at the end of the mail. I haven't compared them yet.
>
> +1 to this.  Removing pango-devel from FC6 allowed Mozilla to build
> successfully, which points to sugar-jhbuild inappropriately using the
> system pango instead of the local pango during build.

I cannot reproduce, even installing pango-devel. So either the bug is
gone in latest mozilla or this is also caused by some other -devel
packages.

I'll need the full log of a failing build to figure this out.

Marco