[sugar] Docs?

Edward Cherlin echerlin
Mon Jul 30 04:04:14 EDT 2007

Is there any plan for official software documentation? I have been a Senior
Tech Writer for the last 10 years and would be delighted to work on it
(particularly if someone like Red Hat would support me to do it 60 hours a
week *<{%-{]}}} <--Goggle-eyed geek in clown hat, moustache, and full
beard). Actually, I have been writing about XO software off and on ever
since the Dynabook days, when Xerox licensed Smalltalk to Apple, HP, and
others in 1981, during my market research period.

For example, I wrote in a study of so-called educational software back then
that the overpriced drill-and-practice programs of the time weren't real
educational software, and that what children need is sharp tools to do stuff
with. Commercial educational software is still a vast wasteland, with a few
honorable exceptions. Then I did a study on Personal Instruments (data
acquisition and analysis on PCs), and some other reports that touched on
education. Besides starting and managing a software project for math for
schools. And a few other things.

I have a button that says, "Stop me before I volunteer again," but it
doesn't help. [sigh]

--
Edward Cherlin
Earth Treasury: End Poverty at a Profit