[sugar] Trial 3
Marco Pesenti Gritti
Sat Jul 28 05:53:33 EDT 2007
here is a list of improvements and problems which I think we should address
during the Trial 3 development cycle. It's going to be a very short cycle
(feature freeze on 8/13) but, as usual, we will do our best to get the
important changes done in time.
* List a few, important features that makes a big difference for the user
experience and implement them. I hope the design meetings next week will
help to figure out this list.
* Land the security patches with the changes in the activity instance
creation process that they will require. Michael will be sending patches to
the list soon.
* Get the Journal to the next level. We need to figure out the multiple
objects per activity issue from the user experience point of view and then
refactor the API to support it. We want to land versioning support. And
finally I think it would be good to figure out how datastore relates to the
* Simplify tubes setup in Activity. I can't see any reason why it couldn't
be simpler than a few calls. We don't want to have activity authors deal
with all the complexities which are currently in HelloMesh.
* Refactor the Activity class to give it a coherent and almost stable API.
* The shell service needs to be in a separate process/thread than the UI
one, to avoid performance issues and dead locks. Tomeu is already working on
it, I want to get it in as soon as possible.
Feedback and help are both welcome!
We made some really good progress during the Trial 2 cycle, stuff is coming
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sugar-devel