[sugar] Multiple documents

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Fri Jul 27 07:46:28 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 13:13 +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On Jul 27, 2007, at 12:43 , Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> > What Erik is asking is about storing several objects inside one single
> > journal entry. In his case, several photographs taken inside a single
> > Record session (activity instance).
>
> What if these should be available separately even if taken in one
> session? Why is this so different from several etoys projects created
> in one session which should be resumable separately?

Yeah, the tar file is a hack that Erik should only consider for trial2,
if it's not too late now.

The idea is to have the notion of container entries that can contain
other journal entries.

A Record entry would contain several entries, one for each photograph or
video taken during that session.

Resuming the container entry would open Record with that session
resumed.

Resuming any of the contained entries would resume Paint or another
activity that registered for resuming that mime type.

Also, individual entries as well as containers could be copied or
dragged to the clipboard.

Looks like in the case of etoys, if during the activity session were
created more than one project, etoys could create a container session in
the journal that contains one entry for each project.

The container entry as well as the individual projects could be resumed
by etoys.

This is how I view the role of container entries related to this. Eben,
this matches your thoughts about it?

Tomeu