[sugar] Datastore id vs. Activity instance id

Bert Freudenberg bert
Sun Jul 22 05:13:14 EDT 2007

On Jul 22, 2007, at 2:07 , Zarro Boogs per Child wrote:

> #2360: re-opening activity from the journal doesn't have
> same ._activity_id
> -------------------------------
> +--------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  erikb             |       Owner:  marco
>       Type:  defect            |      Status:  new
>  Component:  journal-activity  |     Version:
> Resolution:                    |    Keywords:
>   Verified:  0                 |
> -------------------------------
> +--------------------------------------------
> Comment (by marco):
>
>  It is a bug but it should be fixed, do you see it in 528?

I don't think having a strict one-to-one relation between datastore
ids and activity ids is a good idea. If I am working in one activity,
maybe writing some text, and then want to start a new one - why would
I be forced to quit the current activity and start a second instance?
Not only is this highly inefficient but also inconvenient. Why can't
I just "switch" this activity instance to the new datastore object?
Same for something like "keep-as", where you fork off work on branch
- simplest would be just creating a new object in the DS.

Btw, the current datastore API allows this just fine.

- Bert -