[sugar] Sugar RC3 changes
Marco Pesenti Gritti
Tue Jul 10 19:14:59 EDT 2007
here is a list of changes that I think needs to go in for RC3. They are
not strictly new features but they are not simple bug fixes either. Let
me know if you have issues with any of these to go in.
* Land the datastore branch Ben is working. I haven't heard anything
from him today, so I'm not sure when it will be possible to do so.
Though I think this is absolutely necessary to get acceptable
performance for the journal. Right now it takes 4 seconds to fetch 16
journal items on the XO. Only once this is in we will know how much work
* New abiword rpms. The biggest change here is the rewrite of the
collision handling in the collaboration mode. New code but it's not like
the old collaboration has been tested a lot so far. This went in 496.
* The new xkb keysyms (#1815) needs to go in asap. We will have to
refactor a lot of the sugar special keys handling, but we are waiting
for the new keysyms to do that.
* Bind the power button for suspend. I'm not sure if that blocks on
#1815 yet or if we can get ohm to handle it. I will have to figure out.
* We have a few bugs with the current intro screen targeted to Trial-2
and Walter would like to get in the new colors for the XO. I'll try to
do a basic implementation of the new intro design for RC3 which will fix
the bugs and use the new colors.
More information about the Sugar-devel