[sugar] notes on sugar-jhbuild

Simon Schamijer simon
Wed Jul 4 08:31:00 EDT 2007

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> Simon Schamijer wrote:
>> In both cases my workaround was to add my standard pkgconfig path to
>> my environment since the packages is installed in my distro.
>> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/lib/pkgconfig/
>>
>> Is there another way of doing this, or is this the "normal way" of
>> handling this issue?
>>

> This is really strange, the prefix pkgconfig is built with is supposed
> to be on the config path by default. What does "which pkg-config" give?
> What is PKG_CONFIG_PATH set to originally?

Ok, this is set to nothing in a default shell. And the sugar shell sets
it to
/home/erikos/sugar-jhbuild/build/lib/pkgconfig:/home/erikos/sugar-jhbuild/build/share/pkgconfig.
I guess this is an error on my system then.

>> Another error is during the build of hulahop:
>> /home/erikos/sugar-jhbuild/build/lib/libglib-2.0.so -lxul -lpyxpcom
>> -lxpcomglue_s  -Wl,-soname -Wl,_hulahop.so -o .libs/_hulahop.so
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lxpcomglue_s
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[1]: *** [_hulahop.la] Error 1
>>
>> Which package do I need to install for the shared library xpcomglue_s,
>> googled for it but could not really find out about it?
>>

> I checked in a fix for this yesterday night. Easier solution to avoid a
> clean rebuild is to "cp build/lib/xulrunner-1.9a5pre/sdk/*
> build/lib/xulrunner-1.9a5pre"

ok this worked now.

>> I am currently running Fedora6 - after the switch I guess it would be
>> recommended to switch to Fedora7?
>>

> For now I'm not planning to drop "compatibility" with FC6. Though since
> most developers are running F7 you might get less problem if you run on
> it...

sure, will be off to go with F7 then.

Thanks for the quick reply,
    Simon