[sugar] notes on sugar-jhbuild

Simon Schamijer simon
Wed Jul 4 07:49:00 EDT 2007

Hi,

I had the following problems during the build of sugar-jhbuild.

* PKG_Configure (building hulahop)

checking for DEPS... configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0)
were not met:

Package freetype2 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `freetype2.pc'
Package 'freetype2', required by 'cairo', not found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables DEPS_CFLAGS
and DEPS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

[erikos at localhost sugar-jhbuild]$ ./sugar-jhbuild build
Checking dependencies...
Missing dependencies:

fontconfig
freetype2
fribidi
libgsf-1
enchant
alsa
openssl
x11
xt
xft
xext
xrender
sqlite3
libpng
theora
gnutls
gconf-2.0

Install the packages from your distribution which provides these
functionalities, including the development package for libraries.

In both cases my workaround was to add my standard pkgconfig path to my
environment since the packages is installed in my distro.
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/lib/pkgconfig/

Is there another way of doing this, or is this the "normal way" of
handling this issue?

Another error is during the build of hulahop:
/home/erikos/sugar-jhbuild/build/lib/libglib-2.0.so -lxul -lpyxpcom
-lxpcomglue_s  -Wl,-soname -Wl,_hulahop.so -o .libs/_hulahop.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lxpcomglue_s
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [_hulahop.la] Error 1

Which package do I need to install for the shared library xpcomglue_s,
googled for it but could not really find out about it?

I am currently running Fedora6 - after the switch I guess it would be
recommended to switch to Fedora7?

Best and Thanks,
    Simon