[sugar] GComprisXO progress

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin
Mon Jul 2 12:24:09 EDT 2007

Le lundi 02 juillet 2007 ? 16:41 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti a ?crit :
> Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> > Le dimanche 01 juillet 2007 ? 21:05 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti a
> > ?crit :
> >
> >> Can you please explain what's exactly the role of the binary? Is each
> >> activity runned from the binary? What does it provide?
> >>

> > GCompris can be seen as a game engine, we call it the core, and each
> > activity rely on it to play. In our case, the gcompris binary contains
> > the game engine and within each activity directory you can find either a
> > bunch of C or python files for the activity code.
> >
> > For python activity, it would make sense to have a GCompris core in
> > python but for now we don't have it.
> >

> I'd suggest to have a look at sugar-native-factory.c in sugar git. You
> can either add something like that to the binary or use it as is to
> launch the binary.

Hum, sounds great on paper. I'll check but won't work on it until the
end of the week, I am busy presenting GCompris at KDE-EDU in Akademy
2007 in Glasgow.

/humor: KDE teams try to make Gnome stall by inviting developers to
drink English beer.

Bruno.