[sugar] GComprisXO progress

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin
Sun Jul 1 16:41:54 EDT 2007

Le dimanche 01 juillet 2007 ? 21:05 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti a
?crit :
> Can you please explain what's exactly the role of the binary? Is each
> activity runned from the binary? What does it provide?

GCompris can be seen as a game engine, we call it the core, and each
activity rely on it to play. In our case, the gcompris binary contains
the game engine and within each activity directory you can find either a
bunch of C or python files for the activity code.

For python activity, it would make sense to have a GCompris core in
python but for now we don't have it.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids