[sugar] Re: Please update to build 139

Mitch Bradley wmb
Wed Jan 24 20:06:48 EST 2007

Dan Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 19:12 -0200, Gian Carlo Salvati wrote:
>
>> Dear Jim Gettys,
>>
>> Not worked for me, I have ATest Board and the LinuxBios on ROM (not on
>> SPI). I installed the Autoupdater on a USB pen drive and boot on USB.
>> The pen drive is readed, then the screen shutoff, then the Linux on NAND
>> is loaded.
>>
>> What shoud I do?
>>

> Likely you'll need to flash OFW manually.  You definitely need to update
> from LinuxBIOS to OpenFirmware.  We know that works because we tested it
> yesterday on an A-test :)  The instructions are likely buried somewhere
> in the wiki and I'll leave it to Richard Smith or Mitch Bradley to
> follow up on that...
>
> But the autoupdater stuff will only work when you have OpenFirmware, not
> LinuxBIOS.

Actually, the autoupdater is supposed to work with LinuxBIOS too.  But
you have to know how to make LinuxBIOS boot from a USB key.  The way to
do that is to type the ESC key when you see the progress bar.  That will
get you to a graphical menu.  Use the arrow keys to select the picture
of a USB key, and it should boot the updater from the USB key.

The USB key will have to be formatted with an ext2 filesystem.
LinuxBIOS does not include FAT support.