[sugar] Schedules, redux and reminder.

Jim Gettys jg
Thu Jan 11 16:56:00 EST 2007

Week of January 1: CaFE ASIC and first boards are built for BTest2. Any
driver changes or fixes will have to be shaken down, both for the
firmware and for Linux. (DONE)
January 2: Requests for new activities/content due. (DONE)
January 4: Decisions on new content requests. (DONE)
January 4: All packages/bundles for initial base level due. (DONE)
January 5: Initial base level starts integration (DONE)
January 8: Integrated build available (DONE)

We are here......

Note, per the previous mail about the network problems to China, we'd
like things one day *earlier*, which means we want all packages with
functional changes in *TODAY*.  While the Internet situation has
improved slightly since then, we cannot yet rely on it enough to relax.

After today (January 11), bug fixes only, please.

January 11: All updated packages/bundles for initial base level due.
January 14: Final firmware for BTest-2 to Quanta for testing.
January 13: second base level of integrated build for testing.  Only
    serious bug fixes after this date. Testing at OLPC and Quanta
    during the week of January 15.
January 20: final system image to Quanta for BTest-2 production.

Note that Chris Blizzard has left for Australia, and I leave on Sunday,
so pleading for exceptions to the "bug fixes only" rules will likely
fall on deaf ears.  And I've told John Palmieri we will say no for any
bug fixes that make him (or similar people: e.g. Dan, Chris, Andres) at
all nervous.  If both Chris and I are simultaneously out of touch, and
for some reason a decision *must* be made, I'll leave it to Mitch
Bradley to make the call.

                                Best Regards,
                                        - Jim Gettys
--