[sugar] Re: Problem building sugar-jhbuild

gonzalo delgado gonzalo
Mon Jan 8 13:22:45 EST 2007

2007/1/8, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpg at redhat.com>:

> On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 08:56 -0300, gonzalo delgado wrote:
> >

> > 2007/1/8, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpg at redhat.com>:
> >         > you should know that before running sugar-jhbuild I did:
> >         unset LANG.
> >         >

> >         Out of curiosity, why?
> >
> >         Marco
> >

> >  Well, I usually use LANG="es_AR" in my gentoo system, and I thought
> > that had something to do with gl-ES.strings. My idea is to try and
> > override that module.
> >

> Talked about it on irc with the abiword guys. They just forgot to commit
> changes to the Makefile. Will be fixed soon.
>
> >  Thanks a lot for your patience Marco :)
>
> Thanks for the testing!
>
> Marco

I'm still getting this after starting over and choosing "Go to configure
stage" when it fails to run autoconf at libabiword:

*** Building xbook *** [30/38]
python setup.py build
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 19, in ?
    from sugar.activity import bundlebuilder
ImportError: No module named sugar.activity
*** error during stage build of xbook: Error running ['python', 'setup.py',
'build'] *** [30/38]

Running "sugar-jhbuild list" returns this:

glib
cairo
gnome-common
pango
atk
gtk+
dbus
dbus-glib
dbus-python
intltool
artwork
libmatchbox
matchbox-window-manager
pygobject
pycairo
pygtk
libwnck
libcroco
librsvg
gnome-python-desktop
hippo-canvas
gnome-python-extras
sugar
wv
libabiword
pyabiword
meta-sugar-framework
squeak
etoys
xbook
web-activity
chat-activity
journal-activity
memorygame
tamtam
abiword-olpc
penguintv
meta-sugar

I also run "sugar-jhbuild buildone sugar" successfully, but it still fails
while building xbook.
 So sugar appears to have been installed. Is this another bug? :(

Thanks a lot again.

--
Gonzalo Delgado.