[sugar] Re: Software schedule for B2 build and call for activities and content.

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Wed Jan 3 15:37:17 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 12:17 -0500, Jean Pich? wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> We propose to include a major revision of miniTamTam and a new
> activity called SynthLab into the B2 build. Both activities will be
> ready sometime tomorrow. Full TamTam will not be included in the B2.
>

> On the longer term, we need to have a discussion on the future of the
> Csound Server. For the B2 release, we will still use it but exchanges
> with Barry in December have brought up many questions with regards to
> its relevance if it is silenced whenever the applicaiton is invisible.
> It is entirely feasible to have each application launch its own csound
> instance but since this will require rethinking the audio services for
> other apps, we propose that the server mechanism still be left in
> place for the B2 build.

What is the reason to use one server for each activity? I it's only
because it's taking memory when unused than we could start it on demand
and exit when it's not used anymore.

Marco