[sugar] Pie menus for pygtk and OLPC Sugar!

Don Hopkins dhopkins
Thu Feb 22 05:44:25 EST 2007

You're welcome!

Good point! That should be possible, I think. The PieItem objects are
not widgets, just objects that are called with a context to draw
themselves with, so just the PieMenu and PieMenuDrawingArea classes
would have to be reworked a bit. It's the mouse tracking and grabbing
stuff that would be different. There should be a way to factor that
stuff out so the same class can draw into its own window or a cairo
context owned by another window. Presumably it would have to hook into
some kind of cairo context based drawing handler, so it knew when to
draw itself, instead of responding to window expose events. And what
about handing mouse events inside a cairo context and grabbing the
cursor from your application during popup? That's always where the
rubber meets the road.

    -Don