[sugar] mdns/presence server from python

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Wed Feb 21 04:47:06 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 22:06 -0500, Thibaut Lamadon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on a network based activity for the OLPC. Today
> we've met with Chris Blizzard who pointed me to this list.
>
> I try to use the mdns through python. More generally I'd like to get
> more information and maybe some example (maybe some reference of code
> within sugar to look at ) on how to use the presence server.

There is not a lot of documentation about the presence service, because
the API design and the implementation are still in progress.

You might want to look at the web-activity for an example:

http://dev.laptop.org/git.do?p=web-activity;a=tree

There is also some documentation on the wiki which used to be useful
but... it has been updated to the new design so it doesn't correspond
anymore to the actual implementation:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_Protocol

The new design is coming alone so I'd expect hacking on a network
activity to be much easier in a few weeks.

Marco