[sugar] sugar-clipboard does not shutdown

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin
Sun Feb 18 07:42:59 EST 2007

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 11:47:30AM +0100, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 15:50 +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> > OK, but why can't sugar-clipboard fail gracefully like everything else?
>
> I think sugar-clipboard is leaked because it doesn't make an X server
> connection. The other processes are not exiting gracefully but they are
> dieing because gtk kills them when the X connection is lost.
>
> We need to figure out a good session shutdown strategy at some point.

I see that sugar-clipboard is daemonized when created (parent=1):

joshua    7616     1  6 18:11 ?        00:00:00 python
/home/joshua/sugar-jhbuild/build/bin/sugar-clipboard

This may be a dumb question, but why doesn't dbus remain
sugar-clipboard's parent and kill it when dbus dies?

--
Make April 15 just another day, visit http://fairtax.org