[sugar] Tinderbox for building Sugar

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk
Mon Feb 12 10:22:32 EST 2007

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> A couple of thoughts about it:
>
> * I think it should only cover the sugar platform, not his dependencies
> since we don't have a lot of controls on them and base should be built
> only occasionally anyway. (i.e. we should cover sugar-jhbuild build
> only)

Isn't it still useful to know whether base has been broken -- whether or
not we have control of upstream?  New users are going to have to build
base first anyway, right?  And doesn't a broken base prevent new users
from building sugar at all?

> * I think we need a way to notify people that broke the build and this
> needs to be automatic.(by email, irc, whatever).

I'll work on cleaning up what I've got for more general use.  Depends on
the time I have this week, but I'll get something together.

--g