[sugar] Activity bundle tutorial

Gonzalo Delgado gonzalo
Thu Feb 8 19:43:30 EST 2007

2007/2/8, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpg at redhat.com>:
> On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 21:15 -0300, Gonzalo Delgado wrote:
> > 2007/2/7, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpg at redhat.com>:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I put on the wiki a simple tutorial about writing activity bundles,
> > > based on Owen's HelloWorld activity.
> > >
> > > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_Activity_Tutorial
> > >
> > > Feedback and contributions are welcome!
> > >
> > > Marco

> > I couldn't find this on the tutorial nor anywhere in the wiki: How do
> > I make my activity's status icon (the one that should show up at the
> > upper side of the frame when the activity launches, you know, the one
> > from which you can close the activity) appear? I searched through the
> > code of other activities but couldn't find anything explicit about it
> > :(
> >

> That should just work actually, unless your activity is failing to start
> completely (sometimes happen when you traceback in __init__). In that
> case you should get errors in the shell log though.
>
> Marco

The only suspicios error I see is this one:

DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.laptop.Activity10485793 was not provided by any .service files

(my activity id and service_name is set to org.laptop.Calculadora in
the activity.info file)

I'll look more into it though, I may be missing something somewhere. Thanks!

--
Gonzalo Delgado.