penguintv error (was Re: [sugar] sugar-jhbuild changes)

Owen Williams owen
Wed Feb 7 18:52:37 EST 2007

> > Thanks, I made it a bit further but this error seems un-squeakey:
> >
> > python setup.py install /home/mhunter/sugar-jhbuild/build
> > Need pysqlite version 2 or higher (http://pysqlite.org/)
> > *** error during stage install of penguintv: ########## Error running python setup.py install /home/mhunter/sugar-jhbuild/build *** [21/23]
> >

> Owen, what's the issue here? Do we depend on the system pysqlite now? (I
> thought that was included in the bundle, but I could be wrong).
>
> Marco

Ah yes.  I only have one setup.py for olpc as well as the desktop
distribution, and that script determines whether to build a bundle or
compile itself based on whether it can import sugar.  If it can, it runs
bundlebuilder.  If not, it tries the standard build procedure.

That error message indicates that setup.py could not import sugar and
tried to install itself the standard way.

I've noticed that from time to time with a fresh jhbuildcheckout,
activities seem to be built before sugar, and so they fail.  I think
this has something to do with sugar depending on abiword, and we have to
skip abiword a lot because it rarely builds.

owen