[sugar] User Identification

John J5 Palmieri johnp
Wed Feb 7 17:55:08 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 14:37 -0800, Ivan Krsti? wrote:
> Jim Fallgatter wrote:
> > I am wondering, for possible use with particular services that might
> > be offered on the net, whether or not it will be inherently evident
> > that a request is coming from a olpc machine?
>
> It won't be. Websites wishing to integrate their authentication well
> with OLPC machines should implement support for OpenID, an open and free
> digital identity system:
>
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenID

I think this is a different issue than what Jim is asking.  He is asking
if we are going to have something in the UserAgent string which
identifies this as an OLPC machine and perhaps allows services to be a
bit more resource sensitive.  It would also give us good statistics so
it is not all that much a bad idea.  Right now we just take the defaults
for the user agent but we might add vendor info in the future.