[sugar] Trouble with sugar-jhbuild

Ryan Pavlik abiryan
Tue Feb 6 16:33:45 EST 2007

I'm trying to build Sugar on AMD64 Edgy.  SInce it's a Python 2.4
distro, I'm doing the build meta-sugar-base.  Everything appears to
build fine in the base packages except avahi - I am getting the
following error in configure:

checking for python module gtk... no
configure: error: Could not find Python module gtk
*** error during stage configure of avahi: ########## Error running
./autogen.sh --prefix /home/ryan/srctrees/sugar-jhbuild/build --libdir
'${exec_prefix}/lib64' --disable-qt3 --disable-qt4 --disable-mono
--disable-monodoc --disable-manpages --enable-compat-howl
--enable-compat-libdns_sd --disable-gdbm --disable-libdaemon  *** [26/29]

This is on a clean everything, fresh git pull.

Thanks for any help you could provide!

Ryan

--
Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer, Art Lead: www.abisource.com

"Optimism is the father that leads to achievement."
 -- Helen Keller

"The folder structure in a modern Linux distribution such as Ubuntu
was largely inspired by the original UNIX foundations that were
created by men with large beards and sensible jumpers."
 -- Jono Bacon, The Ubuntu Guide