[sugar] How To Ask a Question in Sugar

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Tue Feb 6 05:54:03 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 01:33 -0500, Andrew Clunis wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 12:19:50AM +0100, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > Well, I guess the first step is asking yourself why you are asking a
> > question to the user.
> >
> > We need more details to try to suggest a solution for this.
>
> Fair enough.
>
> As luck would have it, I actually found the solution to the particular
> instance I had in mind (asking the user if they wanted to resume a prior
> programming activity or start a new one. Now that the HIG's been
> updated, I now know there will be a common interface for that).
>
> I figured that it would be good to ask anyway, though, since it seemed
> likely I'd need to ask a question of the user again.

I think generally the policy is to try avoid asking question as much as
you can.

There might be side cases where asking a question would be the only
possible solution, we have not figured what to do in those cases yet, I
assume once we do the HIG will be updated. But anyway, those are side
cases, respecting the main policy is more important.

Marco