[sugar] sugar-jhbuild changes

Mike Hunter mhunter
Fri Feb 2 11:57:33 EST 2007

Hi Marco,

On Feb 01 at 22:14, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 21:22 -0500, Mike Hunter wrote:
[snip]
> > I tried build-base but it errored out:
> >
> > configure: error: could not find DocBook XLS Stylesheet in XML catalog
> > gtk-doc [5/29]
> >
> > I've got a fresh batch of patience for these build errors, so let me
> > know what I can do :)
>
> I added a check for this. Please update sugar-jhbuild (git pull) and see
> if it works. You should get the following when trying to start a build:
>
> [marco at localhost sugar-jhbuild]$ ./sugar-jhbuild build
> Checking dependencies...
> Missing external dependencies:
> docbook-style-xsl
>
> This is also the name of the package to install in Fedora, not sure
> what's the equivalent on Ubuntu. Install that package and you should be
> fine.

I got the external package and made it one step further.  Unfortunately now
I'm stuck again.  It seems strange because I saw it go through building a
local copy of automake....

cd sugar-jhbuild
git pull
./sugar-jhbuild build-base

A    glib/gthread/gthread-none.c
A    glib/gthread/.cvsignore
A    glib/gthread/gthread-impl.c
 U   glib
Checked out revision 5320.
*** Configuring glib *** [6/29]

./autogen.sh --prefix /home/mhunter/sugar-jhbuild/build  --disable-static --disable-gtk-doc

You must have automake 1.7.x installed to compile GLib.
Install the appropriate package for your distribution,
or get the source tarball at http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/automake/
*** error during stage configure of glib: ########## Error running ./autogen.sh --prefix /home/mhunter/sugar-jhbuild/build
+--disable-static --disable-gtk-doc *** [6/29]

  [1] rerun stage configure
  [2] ignore error and continue to build
  [3] give up on module
  [4] start shell