[sugar] Data Transport between nodes

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries
Fri Dec 14 20:16:03 EST 2007

Ar 14/12/2007 am 19:58, ysgrifennodd Ivan Krsti?:
> On Dec 14, 2007, at 7:03 AM, Dafydd Harries wrote:
> > contents = file(path).read()
> > dbus.ByteArray(contents)
>

> How is that possibly supposed to scale?

My intention was to illustrate how to use byte arrays. I did not mean to imply
any guarantee of scalability.

D-Bus, and D-Bus tubes in particular, are not suited to very large messages.
If you need to transport large files, I suggest using a stream tube instead.
Failing that, splitting the file into pieces before transporting it over D-Bus
would be prudent.

At any rate, I've already discussed this with Erik, and I'm sure knows what
he's doing.

--
Dafydd