[sugar] [laptop-accessibility] Royal National Institute for the Blind low-vision fonts now under GPL v3 - use in OLPC?

Peter Korn Peter.Korn
Tue Dec 11 14:12:15 EST 2007

Hi guys,

I'm happy to report that RNIB has updated the license for the Tiresias
fonts, and they now include the "font exception" clause.  Please see the
excerpt from Katherine Carter below, clarifying this to me (and also her
URL to the updated license).

Many thanks for your email. It is very pleasing to hear that the
Tiresias fonts are being positively received.

With regards to the font exception, it was an omission, however it has
now been added to the licence on the download page
http://www.tiresias.org/fonts/fonts_download.htm#licence and within the
COPYING files in each of the downloadable font folders.

Regards,

Katherine Carter BA (Hons.) PGCE MA
Research & Information Editor

Scientific Research Unit