[sugar] sugar-update: your friendly neighborhood auto-installation script

Chris Ball cjb
Wed Aug 29 14:47:38 EDT 2007

Hi Eben,

   > I got really tired of the monotony that I go through daily to put
   > a new build on my USB drive.  The attached script is my moderately
   > robust solution to the problem, and I thought that others might
   > care to take it for a spin as well.  Here's the usage (you can
   > also view usage with -h or --help):

Just tried this out.  Thanks!  One comment -- I thought this would
create an autoreinstallation directory, but it doesn't download the
olpc.fth/firmware that's necessary to boot a USB disk; it just downloads
the OS image, and requires that you have already an up-to-date olpc.fth.

It shouldn't be difficult to do a git clone of the olpc-auto.zip and
unzip that into place too.  I think that'd be really useful.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>