[sugar] multiple gtk.Windows hide() and show()

Erik Blankinship erikb
Mon Aug 27 16:05:53 EDT 2007

A UI I am working on has multiple gtk.Windows, which I would like to hide
when they are resizing (to avoid screen flashes).

The multiple gtk.Windows are set_transient() for each other, allowing me to
"stack" them, and when I hide() and show(), the flicker is indeed gone!

But, they cannot reliably hide() and show() without sometimes not
re-showing...

Here is an attempt at how to force them to re-show (but is not successful):

self.windowOne.hide()
self.windowTwo.hide()

#move the windows around, resize them, but cloaked from sight

self.windowOne.realize()
#re-establish who is transient for who, from the bottom up.
self.windowOne.set_transient_for( self.activity )
self.windowOne.raise_()
self.windowOne.show_all()

self.windowTwo.realize()
self.windowTwo.set_transient_for( self.windowOne )
self.windowTwo.raise_()
self.windowTwo.show_all()

Any ideas? What else to try?