[sugar] Privately-owned data on XOs?

Ivan Krstić krstic
Fri Aug 24 04:58:09 EDT 2007

On Aug 24, 2007, at 3:12 AM, Samuel Klein wrote:
> Having user documents that are innately private runs counter to the
> principles of an environment designed for sharing.  This is a familiar
> model of ownership and privacy, but not necessarily an appropriate one
> in this case.

You'll have a shot at convincing me after you've convinced Walter.
Personally, I really don't want kids to learn about privacy by virtue
of having their diary splattered all over the mesh and web because
things are public by default. I would refuse to use such a computer,
so I am loathe to give it to others. I am, however, entirely fine
with a setting somewhere that lets interested kids _change_ the
default to shared/public for documents.

--
Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org