[sugar] Sharing data between activities.

Ivan Krstić krstic
Thu Aug 23 23:03:53 EDT 2007

On Aug 23, 2007, at 10:57 PM, Carlos Neves wrote:

> Wait, does this mean I can't load an object from the datastore
> programaticaly ?

> There goes the neighborhood! So all my assumptions on using the
> datastore to retrieve stuff based on tags is simply flawed? Why was
> this decision made?

The rationale is here:

The datastore might grow methods for dealing with resource files in
the future, but I don't foresee it doing so in a cross-application
way until a proper security-conscious design can be put forward. I've
thought about this problem quite a bit and don't yet have a clear
idea of how it would work. Don't expect it for FRS.

Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org