[sugar] How to try TamTam - noob questions (sorry!)

imm ian
Tue Aug 21 14:45:12 EDT 2007

On 20 Aug 2007, at 23:34, Nathana?lL?caud? wrote:

> 5.03 should be fine, can you try installing also the csound-devel
> package ?

I have them installed also.
I'm still assuming there's something bad in the way I have installed
TamTam that's causing this. FWIW, Csound has worked for me outside
the sugar test setup, so I think there's something I've done wrong
there.

As an aside, I mounted the 542 disk img on loopback and copied the
TamTam.activity folder from there onto my sugar-jhbuild setup (seemed
like a long shot but worth a go.) This also didn't work, but in
different ways... The TamTam version in build 542 is reported to work
fine elsewhere, so I really think it is something I've done wrong.

I guess the next thing is to try the 542.img under qemu - but that is
rumoured not to have working sound, so may be of limited utility!

Thanks for taking an interest,
--
Ian