[sugar] Activity logs in build 542

Dan Williams dcbw
Thu Aug 16 12:06:57 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 09:56 -0400, Owen Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 10:23 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 21:3
> > Logs were disabled for Trial-2 build because logs fill up tmpfs, which
> > is actually backed by RAM.  If you would like to enable logs for your
> > activity, edit /home/olpc/.xinitrc, read the comment about logging, and
> > uncomment the required line.  Then add KUKU_DEBUG=blah (doesn't matter
> > what the value is) to /home/olpc/.sugar.debug and restart sugar.
> >
> > Dan
>
> so in other words, do I need to turn on logging on an
> activity-by-activity basis, using something like
> CAPITALIZEDSERVICENAME_DEBUG?

Right.  However, the problem with this method is that if you have an
activity like "Watch & Listen", that doesn't translate well into an
environment variable :)

The name is also based on what you call "logger.start(<foo>)" with, not
actually the activity name.  What I'd really like to do is push down the
server name to the logger instead, and then do something like

ORG_LAPTOP_SUGAR_DEBUG
ORG_LAPTOP_SUGAR_BROWSE_DEBUG

etc

Dan