[sugar] Docs?

Mel Chua metamel
Sun Aug 5 21:18:31 EDT 2007

Speaking of getting external/local parties to document the "high ceiling"...

Adam Hyde, who runs http://flossmanuals.net/, <http://flossmanuals.net/> has
offered to mobilize a FLOSSmanuals project(s) for moderately "polished"
multilingual documentation of the XO for developers, endusers, or both (w/
easy access to nice print-on-demand books - potentially handy for developers
who want to carry a nicely-bound reference/quickstart around with them.)
He'd especially like to develop a minimally verbal (as close to 100%
icon/photo based as possible) set of documentation, and tools for creating
such, so that devels can quickly document their work with very little need
for translation, and students/teachers with XOs can easily contribute.

Is this along the lines of what folks were thinking? Is there a particular
project that would be good to point him towards? I was thinking of
suggesting a "new developers guide" which would include user-friendlifying /
de-acronymizing / translating / coherently-ordering existing pages like

   - http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Hardware_specification
   - http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Developers_program
   - http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Emulation
   - http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Demo_Notes (updated for either B4 or the