[sugar] Trial-2 activity & sugar release notes.

Jim Gettys jg
Fri Aug 3 12:29:12 EDT 2007

We're likely to declare 542 our Trial-2 build; it has most of what we
were hoping for, and much that we weren't expecting.  Thank you all for
your efforts!!!!  The school server build isn't quite ready yet: Wad et.
al. are working furiously on it.

Warning: build 542 won't work well on B2-1's due to insufficient RAM.
While we know where the RAM has gone, we haven't pulled it all back yet.
There are also a few annoying bugs between us and reliable
suspend/resume we're working hard on.

Would everyone working on sugar and activities please take some time to
update the wiki with current documentation and release notes.

A decent draft of the B4 hardware release notes is at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/BTest-4_Release_Notes
It's far enough along that comments on the discussion page are welcome.

I'm working on an overall release note page, linking to the activities.

It is temporarily located at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Trial-2_Software_Release_Notes until it
replaces the current general release notes page.

I'd appreciate it if people let me get a serious whack at it before
piling on.
                     Thanks,
                          - Jim

--