[sugar] Trial-2 activity & sugar release notes.

Jim Gettys jg
Fri Aug 3 12:29:12 EDT 2007

We're likely to declare 542 our Trial-2 build; it has most of what we
were hoping for, and much that we weren't expecting.  Thank you all for
your efforts!!!!  The school server build isn't quite ready yet: Wad et.
al. are working furiously on it.

Warning: build 542 won't work well on B2-1's due to insufficient RAM.
While we know where the RAM has gone, we haven't pulled it all back yet.
There are also a few annoying bugs between us and reliable
suspend/resume we're working hard on.

Would everyone working on sugar and activities please take some time to
update the wiki with current documentation and release notes.

A decent draft of the B4 hardware release notes is at:
It's far enough along that comments on the discussion page are welcome.

I'm working on an overall release note page, linking to the activities.

It is temporarily located at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Trial-2_Software_Release_Notes until it
replaces the current general release notes page.

I'd appreciate it if people let me get a serious whack at it before
piling on.
                          - Jim

Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child