[sugar] Activit Bundle Issues

Chris Maire CMaire
Wed Aug 1 13:23:14 EDT 2007

I've been fiddling around trying to build an activity and having a lot of
trouble. First off, I think the wiki is a little confusing in this
area...information about building activities is spread across several pages
(Activity Bundles, Creating an Activity, and Sugar Activity Tutorial). While
this wasn't a major problem, I feel like it would be much easier if these
were condensed in some way, although perhaps there is a reason for this
that's beyond my limited understanding.

Anyway, when I try to run setup.py to build my activity ('$sudo ./setup.py')
I get a Command Not Found error. Being that it's a python file, I tried
'$sudo python ./setup.py' and got:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./setup.py", line 1, in <module>
    from sugar.activity import bundlebuilder
ImportError: No module named sugar.activity

What's wrong here? do I have to specify where sugar.activity is, because I
haven't been able to find any such file anywhere. I'm kinda new at this, so
it's entirely possible that I'm making some simple mistake.