[sugar] Journal: Sharing and Creative Commons Licenses

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Wed Aug 1 03:41:00 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 16:03 -0700, Scott Shawcroft wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm Scott and am a tech intern at Creative Commons this summer.  This
> week I'm hoping to integrate licensing into the Journal in time for
> LinuxWorld here in SF.  I'd like to collaborate on this with the folks
> currently working on the journal.  We currently have some mockups of how
> it will be done but it doesn't currently align with the current journal
> implementation in build 540.  Before I can begin I need to discuss the
> implementation further with the developers.  A few questions I have are:
>
> 1) Where is the code stored?  Is it packaged?

Repository: http://dev.laptop.org/git.do?p=journal-activity;a=summary

You can install it along with the rest of sugar in your regular computer
using sugar-jhbuild: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_with_sugar-jhbuild

> 2) How should the children select the license?  We currently are using a
> dialog box in our mockups but I've heard that dialog boxes are not wanted.

Eben Eliason (cc'ed) can help you here.

> 3) Is sharing implemented yet?

Not yet, we're still figuring out the user experience. Eben, any new
thoughts on it?

> 4) Is there a license metadata field?

No, but it can be easily added.

> Thanks for the help and keep up the good work.

Thanks to you!

Tomeu