[sugar] dbus-python requires autoconf-2.59c?

Don Hopkins dhopkins
Sun Apr 29 12:41:39 EDT 2007

I'm trying to rebuild a fresh sugar-jhbuild, and now I've run into the
problem that dbus-python requires autoconf-2.59c, while I only have 2.59
installed, which is the latest version yum knows about.

I downloaded the source to autoconf-2.59c, and installed it in /usr/bin,
and now dbus-python seems to be compiling.

Is there a reason for this dependency? Shouldn't the sanity check
require the correct version of autoconf?

    -Don