[sugar] change of Telepathy Gabble branch

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries
Thu Apr 26 08:15:40 EDT 2007

This hopefully won't affect anybody, but if you see sugar-jhbuild hanging when
checking out telepathy-gabble, here's the source of the problem.

We at Collabora love darcs, but has one major bug which occasionally causes it
to hang when merging patches which has conflicts. It's really annoying when it
does happen, but it's not enough of a problem to outweigh Darcs's benefits.
There is a Google Summer of Code project which will hopefully fix this[0].

Recently, we've run into this problem while developing features for OLPC in
Gabble (the Telepathy XMPP component). We've worked around this by
re-committing patches. A new branch containing all OLPC-related
features and fixes can be found at [1]; sugar-jhbuild has been updated to use
this branch.

As this branch has a different name, JHBuild should check it out into a
separate directory rather than updating the existing checkout; hence the bug
will not be triggered. If you do find that darcs has hung, the workaround is
to remove the checkout.

We're sorry for any inconvenience.

[0] http://code.google.com/soc/haskell/appinfo.html?csaid=647C914C97658198

--