[sugar] xo bundle mime-type

Gervase Markham gerv
Fri Apr 20 16:08:14 EDT 2007

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> I'm about to register the xo bundle mimetype so we can start working on
> bundles being installed from the web.  A couple of choices:
>
> application/xo-bundle
> application/olpc-bundle
> application/olpc-xo-bundle
>
> any prefs or suggestions?

Well, if you are not going to have an /x- prefix, then you will need to
register the MIME type with IANA.

I don't believe it's complicated - it's just forms to fill in.

> xo-bundle might not be good because x. and x- are used as experimental
> namespaces.

Only x-, in fact. So xo-bundle is actually safe. I suppose it's possible
people might get confused about its status, but what bad consequences
could come from such confusion?

Gerv