[sugar] OLPC Typewriter

Aneto Okonkwo oaneto
Mon Apr 16 18:10:44 EDT 2007

CC sugar at laptop.org

SJ and OLPC,

We have begun design and development of a 'Typewriter' activity to teach
typing and language learning through phonics and vocabulary (English for the
first version).  We would appreciate your feedback on any aspects of the
effort so far - primarily on consistency with OLPC guidelines and
constraints.  Yeong Haur and I at the Stanford School of Education have also
recruited three Stanford Computer Science students to help with the project
and they will begin experimental development on one of the modules this
week.  Some hard numbers on max storage constraints for images, animation
and sound files for the activity would also be helpful e.g. 10MB?

OLPC Typewriter Wiki - http://code.google.com/p/typewriter/
Draft Proposal -
http://typewriter.googlecode.com/files/project%20proposal%20aneto_yh.doc
Draft Functional Specs -