[sugar] FW: Touchpad XO

Ka-Ping Yee laptop
Fri Apr 6 15:32:20 EDT 2007

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007, Takaaki Okada wrote:
> I like the size idea, and perhaps it's something we consider for the
> next hardware.

I like the idea of having different sizes or colours, as well.
But, in a new round of hardware design where it's possible to
change the sizes of the buttons, presumably it would be just as
feasible to change to only one button, wouldn't it?

Maybe we need to consider, as a separate issue from of the way
these buttons will be marked in the first generation:  Do we want
to leave open the possibility of going to one button in a later
generation?

If we design software so that the second button isn't used for
essential tasks, then going to one button is still a possibility,
but if widely deployed software needs both buttons it will not
be possible to turn back.

-- ?!ng