[sugar] FW: Touchpad XO

Gervase Markham gerv
Thu Apr 5 18:13:33 EDT 2007

Ivan Krsti? wrote:
> The two buttons were added before Sugar was designed, and once it was
> realized that Sugar doesn't have a use for the second button, we
> discussed eliminating it. It was decided not to do so for some other
> reasons, but Sugar wasn't designed to take advantage of it (which
> doesn't mean we won't hook it up to something).

Is it too late to fiddle the sizes a bit, and have a big button and a
small button? As well as making them obviously distinct, this would be
good if one is going to get a lot more use than the other. 60/40 would
be fine.

Ka-Ping Yee wrote:
> It would be good if the buttons were easy to pronounce.  Saying "the
> hand button" might get confused with the hand key on the keyboard,
> and "1" and "2" are keyboard keys too.

The problem is, all of the basic symbols are already used on the
keyboard :-) I expect "alpha" and "beta" probably wouldn't be too well
understood by 5-year-olds in Libya...

Colours? Patterns? The fuschia button? The polka-dot button?

Gerv