[sugar] memory and cpu profiling

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Mon Sep 18 05:20:52 EDT 2006

Hi,

I don't have a board as I expected to not need one for this kind of job.

I thought that the delay caused by running the images in qemu without
kqemu would approximate the performance on the laptop. Unfortunately the
current images don't work on qemu, AFAIK.

By now I will focus on learning to analyse the info given by sysprof and
strace about sugar, contrast it with the systemtap findings by Chris
Ball and try to reach my own conclusions. After that I will update the
wiki with my findings.

The federico posts and docs are very helpful, thanks.

Regards,

Tomeu