[sugar] Re: Dbus trace

Dan Williams dcbw
Thu Sep 7 23:31:14 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 22:15 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 02:02 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > > Hi Dan,
> > >
> > > I'm getting this when trying to share a browser activity. I didn't
> > > look into it yet... any idea?
> > >

> > The owner change you checked in yesterday seem to be causing several
> > weirdness in the presence service. With it reverted things go back to
> > work normally...
>
> I think i know why...  You can't marshal the None type through dbus, and
> if you try to get properties on the buddy before it's actually been
> found on the network, that will happen.  Need to fix that in
> get_properties to not append entries to the dict that are None.

I've done this; and also added PropertyChanged signals to buddies.
However, it seems that the PropertyChanged signal only gets sent once
(as seen with dbus-monitor) despite the dbus-decorated function
definitely being called.  How to debug further down into decorators?

Any ideas John?  The bits are in shell/PresenceService/Buddy.py anywhere
where self._dbus_helper.PropertyChanged(['foo']) is called.

dan