[sugar] Re: [OLPC-devel] Re: pygtk performance issue

Ivan Krstić krstic
Wed Sep 6 19:06:09 EDT 2006

[Reply-to set. Cross-posts to devel and sugar are to be avoided; there's
usually insufficient interest overlap.]

Ian Bicking wrote:
> And if using fork as an optimization, then you actually want to preload
> everything anyway, just speculating that later processes will use it,
> and you definitely don't want lazy imports.  So moving things around
> might not be useful.  Forking solves many problems at once.

Back when I tested things, my numbers (which agree with yours) showed
pretty conclusively that a full preload and subsequent forking is the
way to go, so that's what I plan we'll do.

--
Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D