[sugar] Integration with web apps (and Moodle specifically!)

Ivan Krstić krstic
Sun Sep 3 00:42:28 EDT 2006

Ian Bicking wrote:
> I would guess that in some cases on the school level, and certainly
> above the school level, PHP environments can be supported.

Yes, absolutely.

> *result* of that content management would probably be best delivered in
> a static (or close-to-static) form to the laptops.

Right.

> students won't generally install Moodle on their
> personal computers.

Maybe I misunderstood; I thought this was what Martin was asking about.

> Probably the biggest difficulty is that the
> connection is likely to be spotty at best, so synchronous interaction
> with a centralized web application won't work very well.

What I'm actually *expecting* will happen is that the availability of
the Internet connection might not be great everywhere, but when the
connection is available, it should work OK (decent bandwidth, high-ish
latency). Too early to tell just yet, however.

--
Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D