[sugar] Re: icons

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Fri Sep 1 18:48:55 EDT 2006

Erik Blankinship wrote:
> Ok, I put my icon into /build/share/icons/olpc/scalable/
> ..and then my app appeared in sugar!  Cool.

Right now you can only use icons from the icon theme. That's a temporary
limitation though... It will be possible to just put it in the root
bundle directory.

What are you developing? If it's something of general use it could make
sense to add your icon to the icon theme anyway...

> Is this the recommended way to get my app's icon to show up?
>
> And, can I launch my app from the sugar command line?

Open a terminal in sugar (F6).

sugar-activity id

(use the id specified in your .activity file)

Marco