[sugar] First time Sugar user's experiences

Teus Benschop teus
Mon Oct 30 11:50:43 EST 2006

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> You can also hit the screen edges (0.5 delay) or corners (immediate)
> to get the frame back. Also on the olpc keyboard there will be a
> special key for this not FC5.
>
> IHMO we can't aim for full discoverability in this case, but key +
> edges and a first time intro should be good enough.

It works well, hitting the edges of the screen, but there is one caveat
I have. When for example moving the mouse to the right side of the
screen, then the frame appears, fine. Then I wish to press a button that
is a the top side of the screen. I move the mouse to that button, and
guess what happens: the frame disappears and the buttons too. Is it
therefore possible to make a delay on disappearance also? The delay
should be long enough to allow for the movement of any position along
the edge of the screen to any icon on the frame. I think this improves
the quality of the user experience.

Regards,

Teus.

PS. Off to bed, it's evening here in Africa.