[sugar] First time Sugar user's experiences

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Mon Oct 30 11:21:09 EST 2006

Teus Benschop wrote:
> Probably a simple question, but why is the terminal not made an activity
> like the other ones, to be activated by clicking on an icon? The
> terminal now seems to be treated specially, because it has a special
> shortcut key, the F6 key. Any reasons for that? I suppose that kids
> probably like using the terminal like all the other activities.

As it is now I consider the terminal activity just a debugging aid.
Personally I don't think we should have terminal activity exposed in the
sugar UI. I can't think of any use case that couldn't be covered better
by a GUI activity.

Marco