[sugar] First time Sugar user's experiences

Teus Benschop teus
Mon Oct 30 11:09:57 EST 2006

Eben Eliason wrote:
>> This is the Frame, which allows access to launching other icons, seeing
>> what other buddies are around and participating in your activities,
>> activating the overlay, etc.  It's part of the interface.  Perhaps it
>> needs more discoverability...
>
> Perhaps we should disable the ability to toggle it on permanently with
> the hotkey, if that makes things confusing and makes the underlying
> interface unusable.  Instead, tapping the key once could pop it out
> for a predefined interval of, say, 3 seconds, whereas holding the key
> would keep it in view until the key is released.  Thoughts?

Yea, the couple of seconds, that sounds as a good solution to me. But
the disadvantage will that on startup the icons disappear and the
first-time user doesn't know the hotkey yet to call it up. So how is he
going to start his activities?

Teus.